I just love this time of year and all the wonderful smells that fill the air!!
My favorite is the smell of cinnamon and spruce. For many years, I have said that I would love to bottle up the smell of Christmas for all year and now I found a way!!!
The big question:
Why have I not been making these my whole adult life?
*This post contains affiliate links. For my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Here are the simple steps to make your own Holiday Room Spray.
1. Gather the supplies
- Empty glass spray bottle (get it here)
- Dash of table salt
- Essential oil (get 100% pure here)
- Distilled water
- Steel Funnel (get it here)
- Fun label, decorative ribbon (get it here)
To make it easy….here are some links I like to use!
2. Add Essential oils to the bottle.
- 15 drops of Christmas Spirit Essential Oil Blend from Young Living. This oil blend is a mix of Orange, Cinnamon, and Spruce oils. It’s simply lovely!!
- 6 drops of Orange essential oil.
3. Add a pinch of salt.
-Salt acts as an emulsifier. It helps to blend the essential oils with the water to allow for even oil distribution when you spray your lovely mix! You don’t want the essential oil to float to the top!!
TIP: If you don’t want to use salt, you can use a dash of witch hazel or pure vodka instead.
TIP: Using the funnel, helps an awful lot!! It’s not necessary, but if you’re messy like me..you will have A LOT less clean up if you use one.
4. Fill the bottle with distilled water.
Again, this is where the funnel is super helpful! I am sure tap water is sufficient, but my city water has had a strong chlorine smell. I don’t want that in my room spray and using distilled water helps with maintaining the longevity of your room/body spray.
5. Label and decorate your bottle as desired.
This is the fun part!!!
A lot of the time, I use a little label maker or purchase Avery labels and use their website designs.
Here are some of the Avery labels in shapes and sizes that I like to use. Don’t forget..check out their free templates → here.
Holiday Room Spray
Make your own room spray, body spray, or linen spray using this simple recipe! AND.... feel free to experiment with the essential oils you use. This specific recipe is my favorite Christmas blend of oils, But, feel free to change the oils to your holiday favorites!! The options are nearly limitless!!!
- Glass Spray Bottle
- Distilled Water
- 15 drops of Christmas Spirit Essential Oil Blend
- 6 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- Steel Funnel
- Pinch of Salt
- Fun Labels and Ribbons to Decorate
- Step 1 Gather Supplies
- Step 2 Add Essential Oils to Bottle
- Step 3 Put Steel Funnel in Place
- Step 4 Add a Pinch of Salt
- Step 5 Fill with DIstilled Water
- Step 6 Put Spayer Top in Place
- Step 7 Decorate and Label as desired
Winter Chai Spray
- 9 drops orange essential oil
- 4 drop nutmeg essential oil
- 4 drop cinnamon bark essential oil
- 4 drop clove essential oil
- 4 drop cardamom essential oil
Snickerdoodle Cookie Spray
- 8 drops Cinnamon bark essential oil
- 3 drops Nutmeg essential oil
- 12 drops Stress Aways essential oil blend
Candy Cane Spray
- 8 drops Stress Away essential oil blend
- 6 drops Christmas Spirit essential oil blend
- 6 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 2 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops Orange essential oil
- 10 drops Cedarwood essential oil
If you have any favorite recipes, questions, or just want to chat…Feel free to comment below!!!
To learn about how to get essential oils at wholesale prices and how to get your own Young Living Premium Starter Kit — CLICK HERE!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!!!!!