Now that I am in my 40’s, I fully grasp the importance of skin care. To be honest, I wish I knew how to make this awesome face serum 20 years ago!!!!
Using this serum, my face and neck feel so much smoother. Plus, this serum smells simply lovely while providing nice moisturization without being greasy. Even with all of this, I still recommend using an SPF moisturizer or foundation to minimize daily sun damage to your skin.
Keep in Mind:
- You can change the essential oils you use in your serum based on your skin care needs. For help choosing, read “15 Luxurious Essential Oils for Your Skin“.
- Your choice of carrier oils is important and purely your choice. For my face serum, as you see below, I like to use a mixture of jojoba oil and rosehip oil. For more about carrier oils, read “11 Carrier Oils Your Skin Will Love“. This is an excellent blog that explains the different carrier oils and their usage for your skin.
*This post may contain affiliate links. For my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Face Serum Recipe
1) Storage Bottle
I like to use a pump bottle. I recommend a 4oz glass bottle that you can easily find on Amazon or at your local natural health store.
2) Carrier Oils
Carrier Oils are used to “carry” your essential oils and help care for the skin on your face. I use jojoba oil and rosehip oil.
- Moisturizes skin
- Soothes wrinkles, Anti-aging
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps to fight free radicals
- Corrects dark spots
- Reduces fine lines
- Helps to improve skin tone
- Reduces acne scarring
- Protects from aging spots
3) Essential Oils
Remember, you are free to use whatever essential oils you feel are best for your skin type. Be sure to view “15 Luxurious Essential Oils for Your Skin” to help you choose which essential oils you prefer.
Which specific essential oils do I use?? I like to make my face serum with…
- Frankincense (anti-inflammatory, skin repairing)
- Geranium (antiseptic, acts as an astringent)
- Lavender (anti-acne, skin healing, evens out skin)
- Myrhh (astringent, skin healing, anti-wrinkle)
- Patchouli (tightens and tones skin)
Step 1: Add essential oils as you desire.
For a 4oz bottle, I like to use around…..
- 15 drops of lavender oil
- 10 drops of geranium oil
- 10 drops of frankincense oil
- 5 drops of myrhh oil
- 5 drops of patchouli oil
Step 2: Add carrier oils.
Step 3: Swirl to blend in the bottle and use on your face regularly.
I like to use this serum once to twice a day. Honestly, I’d prefer to use it twice a day..but I always seem to forget the night time usage.
Be sure to gently rub this face serum on your face, neck, and upper chest. I do this every morning after I wash my face in the shower and use my DIY Lavender Rosewater toner, Remember, wash, tone, then apply your face serum. After the serum, you can add a UV foundation or moisturizer, but in my opinion…this serum is all the face cream I need. (Aside from Tinted foundation with UV).
Do you have a favorite skin care regimen?? Comment below with your favorite skin care oils!
I’d love to read them.