I love to drink coffee first thing in the morning. LOVE IT!!! But, I also love to put coffee grounds on my face! Yep, sounds weird…..but, it works great for my skin.
Yes, I am a coffee addict and my first cup of coffee each morning is pretty much a sacred ritual. Everyone in my family knows that the day does not rightfully start until I have my first cup of coffee in hand!!
In all seriousness, coffee with a dab of raw honey is such an amazing morning pick me up. But, did you know that coffee is good for your skin too? I know right?!?!? It made me happy to find this out too!
Many skin and cosmetic benefits of coffee grounds have been found in recent research.
These benefits include……
- gentle exfoliation and removal of dead skin cells
- anti-inflammatory properties
- reduction of puffiness
- brightening of your complexion
- effects of aging slowed with less evidence of sun damage
- minimized dark circles
- and soo many more…..
So now, I drink my coffee and clean my face with it too!!! Seriously, it’s the best thing ever!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Coconut Coffee Face Scrub
-Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, or Rosehip oil are my favorites. I like to get organic oils from Amazon. Feel free to click on the images below to see the ones I like to use.
-You can use recycled or fresh grounds. I like to use the grounds that have been recycled from my coffee pot that morning.
-Be sure to use essential oils that are the best for your skin type. Read “15 Luxurious Essential Oils for Your Skin”, if you need some ideas.
Plus, if you want to get 100% pure essential oils at wholesale pricing (24% off) be sure to check out “How To Get Started with Essential Oils”
My favorite essential oils for this scrub are lavender, frankincense, myrrh, and at times peppermint. Peppermint smells great with coffee and gives a little wake-up zing to this scrub. Just be sure to keep it away from your eyes!!! Peppermint oil can irritate your eyes some. It’s super unpleasant, don’t try it or keep your eyes closed and rinse well before opening.
This recipe is really quite simple and takes only a few short minutes to make.
All you have to do is blend these 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
3 Tbs of coffee grounds
1 Tbs of sugar
1 Tbs of oil
6-8 drops of essential oil
• Store in a glass jar for 2-3 weeks.
• Apply to face and rinse off after gently rubbing upward and outward.
• With the oils used in this scrub, your face will also be nicely moisturized and soft.
• Avoid using citrus oils to decrease risks of sun sensitivity if using in the morning.
• I like to blend essential oils based on my needs. My favorite combination is 4 drops of lavender oil and 4 drops of frankincense oil. But, be sure to read “15 Luxurious Essential Oils for Your Skin”, so you choose the best oils for your skin.
Do you want to get started using essential oils or become a wholesale member of Young Living?
If so, send me a message or read more about it with “How To Get Started with Essential Oils”