If you are like me, you detest cleaning your bathroom, especially your toilet. Like, really detest it.
I have to admit, I really love to have a clean bathroom, but I don’t usually enjoy the actual process of cleaning it. This was until….I learned about these DIY Toilet Cleaning Cubes from a friend. (Shout out to Jen!! You know who you are)
One of the greatest benefits of these little bombs of cleanser is that they are toxin free and made without perfumes or other potential carcinogens.
As we already know, almost all of the prepared toilet bowl cleaners are literally chock full of chemical ingredients. So much so, that you want to make sure your dogs don’t lick out of your toilet bowl or that your hands don’t touch the cleanser.
Well….this DIY cleanser will not harm your dog if they sneak a drink from your toilet bowl! I don’t recommend it, but really who cares!?!? Plus, these toilet cleansing cubes won’t burn your lungs, make you dizzy, or cause skin irritation if you happen to touch them.
These fizzy little bombs/cubes can really do the job for you and will keep you entertained in the process. Plus, they are super easy to make with just a few supplies.
1 Cup of Baking soda.
1/2 Cup of Citric acid.
15 Citrus Fresh essential oil.
2 capfuls Thieves household cleaner in a spray bottle.
Silicone bottom ice cube tray.
Baking soda is a gentle abrasive that chemically acts in a manner to break up guck and remove odor.
Citric acid is the ingredient in this recipe that brings the fizz when mixed with baking soda and water. It also actively helps to kill bacteria and mold while working hard for you to remove mineral deposits.
Citrus Fresh essential oil is an essential oil blend from Young Living that is a lovely combination of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, and spearmint essential oils. The aroma is clean and fresh all while purifying and deodorizing your home.
Thieves household cleaner is a plant-based concentrated all-purpose home cleaner created by Young Living. It is formulated with the power of Young Living’s Thieves oil blend so you can get a deep clean without dangerous or synthetic ingredients. There is no chemical scent, only the lovely sweet and spicy aroma of cinnamon, clove, lemon, and rosemary.
HINT: You’re going to want to place a portion of this cleanser, undiluted, into a spray bottle for making the toilet cubes. Don’t worry, simply add water later to use for the rest of your home. Click here for some more tips showing ways to use Thieves cleaner.
The silicone ice cube tray is used as a mold for your DIY Toilet Cubes. Make sure you choose a flexible silicone tray for easy removal of your cleaners.
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients and the drops of essential oil.
2. Spray a few sprays of undiluted Thieves Household Cleaner on the dry mixture and whisk again; repeat this process until there is enough wetness to form a shape. This will most likely take around 20-30 sprays of the cleaner.
3. Press the mixture firmly into the mold. When the tray is full, gently pop the cubes out onto wax paper.
4. Set out to air dry for 1 day. This day will allow the cubes to fully dry and harden. Once hard, you can store them in a baggie or a sealed container of your choice.
Using the Cubes
Add 1 or 2 cubes into your toilet bowl and let them fizz for a few minutes.
Use a toilet brush to scrub as usual
TIP: You can also use these toilet cubes in your dishwasher!! Yep, when using natural cleaners, you have much more versatility. So, go for it and make your home sparkle!!!
If you would like to get a Thieves Starter Kit from Young Living, like pictured below, click here and follow the steps below!!
- Choose become a member. This will give you wholesale pricing and the kit options.
- Be sure to approve my ID # 3928607 (Julie, that’s me). This will keep us connected and I can support you as needed in the future.
- Choose the tab that says “Specialty Kit” and scroll down to find the Thieves Kit. The packing is now in white, but it’s the same great formula!
- Simply follow the rest of the directions and enter your payment and shipping info as requested
- Celebrate your new membership and do your best to patiently await its arrival.
WELCOME TO YOUNG LIVING!!!